- 2.00 PM TO 5.00 PM (MONDAY TO FRIDAY)
- (MONDAY TO FRIDAY) 2.00 PM TO 5.00 PM
Functions of The Council
As Per The Act
This Council is an Autonomous Statutory Registration Body for registering qualified Nurses, Midwives, Auxiliary-Nurse-Midwives/Multipurpose Health workers/ Health visitors as per the provisions of the Act. It extends its registration to Union Territories ie: Pondicherry and Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Nurses and Midwives Act VII of 1934 and Act XXVI(26) of 1960, till today we follow the same.
- Recognition of Nursing Institutions as per the Act.
- Registration of qualified Nursing Professionals mentioned above and maintenance of State Register for the purpose
- Development of inter linkages and reciprocities with corresponding Councils in other States of India.
- Monitoring of professional ethics.
- Regulation and surveillance of professional conduct and take action against practice of their professional by quacks and check malpractice.