College of Nursing Pondicherry Institute of Medical Sciences was established in 2004 as a private self financing institution with permission from the Government of Pondicherry – No.17015/1/HS/2001 dated 28.05.04 for annual intake of 60 students. College of Nursing is recognized by Indian Nursing council (File No.18 - 33/1678-INC dated 26.10.04) and Tamil Nadu Nurses and Midwives Council, Tamil Nadu. It is affiliated to Pondicherry University.
College of Nursing PIMS is located 12 Km from Pondicherry on the East Coast Road surrounded around 32.89 acres. The campus houses a 560 bedded teaching hospital along with the various support and ancillary facilities required and has a built up area of nearly 7.5 lakh square foot.