The Co-curricular and extracurricular activities are organized regularly through Student Nurses Association, NSS, Leo club, Rotaract and Youth Red Cross. The students participate in various intercollegiate competitions, exhibitions and community development.
- The Folk Dance competition was conducted by the SNA at Shanmuga Auditorium on 19.12.2011.
- Triplex programme’ 2011 (X Mas, New Year & Pongal) was celebrated at the Shanmuga Auditorium on 23.12.2011.
- Republic Day programme was celebrated on 26.01.2012 in the hospital premises. The Guest of Honour was Dr. Venkatesan, Principal, Vysya College of Arts & Science, Salem. Speech and cultural programmes based on the theme was performed by the students.
The installation of the New President and Office bearers was conducted on 15.07.2011, Friday at 3.00pm. After that, the installation of the New President, for that Ms. Teena Susan Mathew of II year B.Sc., (N) has selected and Ms. Anju Grace Philip had handovered the badge to the new president under the immense presence of all dignitaries and Faculties and students
An initiative programme for integrative approach is research and practices was conducted on 06.05.2012 at 9.30am in the Shanmuga Auditorium. The Chief Guest of the Programme was Thiru. K. Maharabhushanam, I.A.S, District Collector, Salem
English Language Communication skill development programme Oct 5th 2011.
Inter College Competition Dec 2011 conducted by Social organization students participated and won prizes.
Continuing Nursing Education Cell:-
The College has CNE Cell and CNE Co-coordinator organizes monthly CNE and Organizes Workshop / Conference twice in a year. The Journal presentation by each department is conducted in every month for faculties and students.
- Guest lectures
- Journal presentations
- Panel discussions / seminars
All the faculties and students are involved in organizing the CNE.
Experienced faculties were participated as resource persons in various institutions. Faculties and students are deputed for attending CNE of other institutions.
Totally 105 credit points are awarded by the Centre for CME Accreditation of The TamilNadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai to Shanmuga College of Nursing.
- I Year B.Sc., (N), I & III Year GNM Students origanized the programme on “Hand Hygiene” on 09.11.2011.
- I Year M.Sc., (N), II 7 IV year B.Sc., (N) and I Year GNM students conducted the programme on “Mass Health Education on Rural Sanitation” on 22.12.2011 at Periyakollapatty, Community Health Centre.
One day staff picnic was arranged to Mettur Dam and all staffs joined the trip and enjoyed the Day in the park.
Staff Picnic to Mettur Dam