Sabari college of Nursing is residing in an unitary building at 16, ECR Cuddalore Main Road, Puducherry. It was approved by Indian Nursing council, No.18-29/3698-INC and Tamil Nadu Nurses and Midwives council, No.73/NC/2007 and affiliated with Pondicherry University No. PU/AS-I/Aca-8/13/SCN/07-08/574.
At Sabari College of Nursing, the Nursing discipline is nurtured by the mutual collaboration and co-operation of the Nursing Service and Nursing Education. The college of nursing was started functioning from July 2007, onwards and the I Batch B.Sc. Nursing (Basic) students were admitted in the Academic year 2007-08. The regular classes were started from 14th September 2007 onwards.
Sabari College of Nursing has B.Sc. Nursing (Basic) programme with the annual intake of 40 students. The total faculty strength of our college is 13 out of which 2 were professors Mrs. P. Genesta Mary Gysel .P, Principal and Mrs.R. Uma, Vice principal, lecturer – 1, 6- Assistant Lecturers and 4-Clinical Instructors.
The curriculum programme was accomplished according to the plans prepared by the experts of our college as per the Indian Nursing Council Plan. Faculties of college of Nursing deliver theoretical and clinical Instruction directed by Master Plan, course outline, unit plan, lesson plan, clinical rotation, objectives and guidelines to students.
CLINICAL EXPERIENCE AND VISITS
- The students were sent to Indira Gandhi Govt. General Hospital and Post Graduate Institute (IGGGH & PGI), Puducherry for their clinical experience as part of their curriculum.
- The students also visited, PHC, Kirumambakkam as their observational visit.
The students are evaluated by unit tests, model examinations, clinical performance evaluation, assignments and reports of field trips, before finalizing the internal assessment marks.
||% of results
02.01.08 to 05.01.08
|Nursing Foundation - 100 %
Psychology - 100 %
Nutrition - 60 %
English - 100 %
21.05.08 to 28.05.08
4.06.08 and 5.06.08
CO-AND EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- The local SNA unit was established at our college of Nursing at the National level and Rt No: TNAI/67654.
- The guidance and counseling committee was organized for the students.
- Various committies such as Editorial, Environmental, Food and Health Committee, Sports and Cultural Committee were also started and organized.
- Periodic parent teachers meeting were conducted to inform parent about college functions and studens academic performance.
- “LAMP LIGHTING CEREMONY” was conducted for I Batch B.Sc. Nursing students 2007-08 on February 2008 a grandiose manner. Dr. Dilip Kumar Baliga, Director, DFHWS, Puducherry, Mrs. Josphine R. Little flower, Registrar, TNNMC,Dr. V. Balu, Dean, MTIHS, Mr. Rakash Chandra, Director, School Education made the function grand by their presence.
- Our faculty members and students had observed Saraswathi pooja, Republic day, Women’s Day celebration at our college and the students expressed their extracurricular talents
LAMP LIGHTING CEREMONY 2007-08
WOMENS DAY PROGRAMME
- College of Nursing conducts monthly faculty meeting to improve the quality of Nursing Education and Services.
- Our Principal, Vice Principal and faculty members presented papers in “Training of Trainers (T.O.T.) Programme” on “Nutrition Education” for ICDS officers by Food and Nutrition Board, Puducherry for block level which was held at our college for 5 days from 18.02.08 to 22.02.08.
- Vice Principal has participated in the scientific Academic Forum and has presented paper on “Common Immobilisation Devices” on 25th January and Principal presented paper on “Malnutrition in India” on 25th April organized by Kasturba Nursing college, Kirumambakkam.
- Principal is a member of Interium School Board, and the University has appointed Principal and Vice Principal for evaluation of papers and as external examiner for the Practical University Examination.